In aACE, you can set up custom automation schedules that run throughout the day. These schedules will, for example, check for incoming email, update accounting balances, post job costs, update inventory, and send pending system notices. (Review the script list on the Server Scripts tab of the Automation Schedules screen.)
To configure an automation schedule, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the Automation Schedules screen in System Preferences. From the main menu: System Admin > aACE Preferences > Automation Schedules.
- Click on the Schedule Setup tab.
- Navigate to the first blank record row and click the Schedule Script field to activate the drop-down list (see image above).
- Select the script you wish to configure. NOTE: You can view a full list of available scripts on the Server Script tab. If you need a custom script, contact aACE Support.
- Designate the frequency for the script. For example, you might want a script to run 1 time every Monday, Wednesday and Friday between the hours of 6 a.m. and 7 a.m. Each field has a drop-down list or a popup selector to help you with the configuration.
- Once you have the schedule configured, click the ON toggle to place an X in the check box.
- If this process should run before others in the list, grab the record by the handle and drag it to the proper location in the list.
- The automation schedule is now in line to run at the designated times.
For specific questions regarding the timing of these schedules, speak to an aACE support specialist. They can guide you with the configuration requirements for your individual system.