Volume discounts give you the ability to stucture pricing tiers for individual categories. To open the category's volume discount dialog, click the V button next to the Rate field on the category's detail screen. (see below.)
In the example below, you can see there are discount tiers based on the number of items purchased at one time. Buy 1-5 items and get a 5% discount, 6-10 items and get a 10% discount, and so on.
The Volume Discount Setup screen shows sample formats and a tester for testing your pricing scheme while you build it. See example below.
To build and activate volume discounts
- Open the Volume Discount dialog.
- Enter the discount ranges.
- Check the Apply Volume Discount box to activate the discounts.
- Click Save.
- The V button in the General section should appear yellow. This indicates the discount scheme is active.
To deactivate volume discounts
- Open the Volume Discounts dialog.
- Uncheck Apply Volume Discount.
- Click Save. The V button in the General section should appear white. This indicates that the discount scheme is inactive.