aACE allows users with appropriate access privileges to reassign the General Ledger Account to transactions that have already been posted.
Caution: Use extreme care! The batch process will affect all records in your found set.
To reassign posted historical transactions to a different GL account follow the steps below.
- Navigate to Accounting > GL Accounts and click on the General Ledger screen.
- Search for the transaction you wish to reassign and filter the list so that just the records you wish to change are listed.
- Click the Actions menu and select Reassign GL Account for List. When the confirmation dialog appears, click Update.
- When the GL Account selector appears, locate and select the new GL account that you wish to use.
- aACE will reassign the GL account to each transaction in the list and revert the transactions to Pending. A confirmation dialog appears once the process is complete.
- Click OK to dismiss the confirmation dialog. The screen will refresh to display your changes.
Note: All affected records will revert to Pending status. aACE post the pending transactions and update the balance of the affected GL accounts automatically.