Occasionally you may need to adjust the commission paid to a sales rep for a given order. To ensure that this change is correctly accounted for, follow these steps.
- Navigate to Accounting > Comm Statements.
- Open the commission statement you wish to adjust and select Edit.
- Manually change the figure in the Paid column to reflect the actual amount to be paid as commission. For example, if the system has calculated a commission at 7,111.75 but the sales rep should only get 5,000.00, enter 5,000.00 in the Paid column in the line item for that order.
- If you intend to pay the remaining balance on the commission at a later date, click Save. The remaining balance will appear the next time a commission statement is generated. To resolve this balance and close out the commission, continue on to the next step.
- Enter the remaining balance in the Adj field. In this example the commission was calculated at 7,111.75 but needs to be adjusted to 5,000.00; the remaining balance, or the amount it needs to be adjusted by, is 2,111.75. This will close out the commission when it is posted; no remaining balance will appear on the next commission statement.
Note that the sales rep will be paid based on the Total Paid amount when the commission statement is closed. The amounts in the Paid fields and Total Paid are what will impact the accounting system.