aACE integrates with a variety of external eCommerce solutions using the customizable eCommerce Integration module. This quick guide reviews basic procedures for setting up a standard module with no customization. The available preference options may vary depending on your level of customization, if any. By this point your eCommerce Integration module should be installed and all customization completed for your particular eCommerce needs.
User access to the eCommerce module must first be granted through access privileges. This is set via the existing User Groups structure.
- Navigate to Menu > System Admin > User Groups, then to a particular group.
- In the section Module Access > Menu Option Access, enable the menu option System Admin > eCommerce Prefs.
- Enter Edit mode. In the section Module Access > Module Access, click + to add the module eCOM: eCommerce Integration.
- Within eCOM, enable the access privilege _View, then click Save.
All settings for the eCommerce Integration module as well as access to any eCommerce data layouts are available via eCommerce Preferences.
- Navigate to Menu > System Admin > eCommerce Prefs.
- Web Order Email Imports - This import method scans a dedicated email inbox for submitted email forms with valid email subjects and imports them. The resulting imports can be processed into Leads and/or Orders.
- Web Order XML File Imports - This import method scans a local folder on the FileMaker Server for XML files and imports them. The resulting imports can be processed into Leads and/or Orders.
- Sample Parameter List - Each row in this list can be used when creating automation schedules (see below).
Each stage of the import process has a corresponding layout which utilizes built-in FileMaker search and sorting tools for review and resubmission. The layouts are accessible under the eCommerce Management section. They are listed here in chronological order:
- Raw Import Data - When emails and XML files are imported they are stored here, in raw form, prior to parsing and processing. The original emails / XML files are then safely deleted from their sources, effectively transferring them to this table.
- Cache records - After the raw data record has been parsed, it is stored here in a mock aACE record, broken out into similar fields found in the actual aACE module. A cache layout exists for each module populated by the eCommerce Integration module.
- Sync Logs - These logs are generated by the import processes and can be audited at any time.
eCommerce scripts are triggered using aACE's built-in flexible script scheduling system.
- Navigate to Menu > System Admin > aACE Preferences, then to the section Automation Schedules.
- Multiple script schedules can be created for the eCommerce module, as any other script schedule.
- Launching the eCommerce script will run all active processes in the eCommerce module, unless a specific process if defined.
- To define a specific process:
- Go to the Schedule Setup tab.
- Click the parameter (note) icon.
- Enter a specific eCommerce process.
NOTE: It is recommended to copy/paste this value from the Sample Parameters List found in eCommerce Preferences.