LDAP is supported by most email programs and 'smart' mobile devices such as iPhone/iPad, Android, Blackberry, etc. If your device or program is not listed here, you may need to refer to the product documentation.
- Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Tap Add Account..., then Other
- Under Contacts, Add LDAP Account
- Enter account information:
Server: [e.g. ldap.company.com or entic.net account]
User Name: [e.g. cn=First Last (employee ID), ou=people, dc=company,dc=com]
Password: [your password]
Description: [aACE Contacts]
- Select Add Search Settings…
- Enter your search base string under Base (for entic.net accounts, this is the same as the user name)
- Description: [aACE Contacts]
- Select Base, One Level, or Subtree depending on where you want to search (for entic.net, select Subtree)
- The iPhone tries to use SSL by default. If your server doesn’t support this, it will time out and try to connect without
Using LDAP with iPhone/iPad
When creating an email, simply begin to type the recipient's name from your aACE Contacts. The iPhone/iPad will suggest matching entries for you to choose from.
When using the phone or address book, navigate to the list of contacts then click the left-arrow Groups button. Below your internal groups should be the LDAP group aACE Contacts. Click to enter, then begin typing the person's name you need to look up.