Entity data is that which is required to complete a transaction. Because one entity is often related to another, it is most efficient to follow the order listed below when migrating your data to aACE. Records can be imported or entered by hand. Regardless of the method you choose, aACE has data management tools to make the migration process easier.
- Offices / Departments - they are required in Team Member records
- Team Members
- GL Accounts (Chart of Accounts) - they are required in Categories
- Tax Profiles - optional - can be linked to Companies
- Rate Cards - optional - can be linked to Categories and Companies
- Companies - can be linked to Categories as preferred vendors
- Activity Categories - do these before Task Groups if you plan to link them to Task Groups
- Task Groups - optional - can be linked to Categories
- Item Categories - these can be used as Bill of Materials in Assembly Categories
- Inventoried Item Categories- these can be used as Bill of Materials in Assembly Categories
- Assembly Item Categories - these can be used as Bill of Materials in other Assembly Item Categories
- Inventoried Assembly Items- these can be used as Bill of Materials in other Assembly Item Categories
- Purchase Categories
- Other Categories
- Contacts - if not done with Company records
Links to topics on importing
It is important to follow all import instructions closely so that data imports properly. We recommend backing up your live files prior to any large data import so that you have a file set to return to should something go awry.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Large imports can take a while to process and can block access to a module during the import. Be sure to consider other users if you are preparing a large data import.
Keep in mind that all List Views have batch record updating tools available (see the Actions menus). These tools can update fields and record relationships for large batches of records. Using them can save you time and reduce data entry errors.