There may be times when you wish to issue a check and log it directly to the GL account. For example, you may wish to log a check you wrote directly to an office supply store. Or you may wish to issue checks for commissions paid to your sales staff. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the Disbursements module. From the main menu: Accts Payable > Disbursements.
- From the New menu, select Other.
- Enter the check information. Highlighted fields are required.
- Assign the payment to the proper GL Account and enter the amount.
- When finished, click Save.
- When the dialog appears, click Post to post the payment. Another dialog appears to allow you to print the check.
- Place a check in the printer and then enter the check number in the dialog.
- Click Print. and follow the instructions in the on-screen print dialogs to complete the print.