There are two approaches to issuing refunds to clients. You can issue a refund directly from the Disbursements module or you can begin the process from the Invoices module. Use the approach that is best suited to your workflow.
To issue a refund directly from the Disbursements Module:
- Navigate to the Disbursements screen. Accts Payable > Disbursements.
- From the aACE menu, click New and select Refund. A blank refund disbursement appears.
- Enter the date for the refund, then select the payee from the Company field. Once the payee is selected, aACE displays a list of invoices with credit balances. See sample below.
- Enter the amount of the refund under the General Info section. This amount should equal the total allocated to the listed invoices.
- Confirm the bank account you wish to draw from.
- Fill in the Refund Info such as check number and Memo and confirm the Payee information is accurate.
- Enter the Amount you wish to allocate to each invoice listed (there may be more than one listed).
HINT: Click the green copy button to quickly enter the total. To update the allocation totals, click the blue Refresh button just above the SAVE button.
- When ready, click the SAVE button.
- When the confirmation dialog appears, click POST to post the new refund or click NOT YET to save the record in pending state.
To issue a refund from the Invoice screen:
- Go to the detail screen for the invoice you wish to work with.
- Click the Refund tab at the bottom of the Invoice screen.
- Click the + button to open a blank disbursement record. See sample below.
- Complete the disbursement refund as described the steps describe above, starting at #3.