To configure aACE for expense envelopes, you must activate the system preferences. To grant access for a given user group, you must enable menu access to the Purchase Orders module and grant the appropriate access privileges. Follow the steps below.
Step 1: Enable System Preference
- Navigate to the Order Management screen in System Preferences. From the main menu: System Admin > aACE Preferences > Order Management.
- In the Purchase Orders section, check the preference for Enable expense envelopes preference.
Step 2: Enable menu access
- From the main menu: System Admin > User Groups
- Select the user group you wish to work with and navigate to the detail screen.
- Click Edit.
- On the Module Access tab, scroll the Menu Options and select Accounts Payable and Purchase Orders.
- Next, grant the appropriate permissions to the group based on their roll in processing purchase orders. The permissions and steps are outlined below.
Step 3: Grant the appropriate access privileges for each user group
The permissions you grant to a user group should be appropriate for their role. For example, the right to approve expense envelopes might be granted only to a management group because you wish to enforce financial oversight. To grant permissions to a group, follow the steps below.
- Locate the group you wish to work with and navigate to the detail screen.
- Click Edit.
- In the Module Access section, locate the Purchase Orders permissions and check the appropriate privileges for the group,
The first 6 permissions are the same as most other modules and include Delete, Edit, Export, New, Print and View. The remaining permissions are defined below. Select the permissions you wish to grant to the group, then click Save.
Can create Expense Envelopes - allows users to create expense envelope records.
Can create POs - allows users to create purchase orders (other than expense envelopes).
Can Edit Open Purchase Orders - allows users to edit records that have already been opened.
Can Open POs - gives users the ability to open new records and those that are in pending status.
Can Open POs Above Approval Limit - this allows users to open records that are over the stated trigger limit set in aACE Preferences > Order Management > Purchase Orders.
Expense Oversight - assigns users the responsibility of overseeing expense envelopes.
No myPurchaseOrder Constraint - if checked, users in the group can access records entered by others. If unchecked, users are limited to viewing their own records only.
PO Oversight - assigns users the responsibility of overseeing approvals.
NOTE: Changes to system access will take affect for users at the next login.