There may be times when you need to adjust or correct an expense envelope after it has been processed. When doing so, it is important to adjust all related records to reflect reality. You will need to work backwards in order to gain access to the expense envelope record. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Find the expense envelope you wish to work with and go to the detail screen.
- From the Actions menu, select View Related Purchase. If one exists, it will be displayed.
- If the purchase record has a related disbursement record, it will have a reference link in the lower left of the screen. Navigate the detail view for the disbursement record(s).
- Void all related disbursements (from the Actions menu > Void Disbursement). Doing so will automatically reopen the purchase record.
- Return to the purchase record and void it (from the Actions menu > Void Purchase). Doing so will automatically reopen the expense envelope purchase order.
- Return to the expense envelope detail view. From here you can edit the record and make the necessary adjustments. Then, resubmit the record for approval and processing.
Note: Purchase orders cannot be voided if related records exist. Instead, they can be zeroed out and closed (from the Actions menu > Close Purchase Order).